1. Went to Dubai International airport at 1 am local time
2. Stayed in Emirates business lounge, blogging to write about the recent Indonesian Networkers 17-19 June 2013 aka 100NGN Workshop in Jakarta
3. Got info there was delay for about an hour from the original 2.55 am local time
4. Continued blogging
5. At 3.30 am there was announcement the new schedule for the flight now is 6 am
6. Didn't want to sleep to avoid missing the flight, randomly browsing the Internet
7. Close to 6 am, no announcement about the boarding
8. Felt very sleepy so decided just to go to boarding gate around 6 am
9. Got into airplane around 6.30, flight finally took off at 7 am
10. Couldn't sleep during the 13.5 hours flight to JFK New York, watched lots of movies
11. Arrived 1.5 hours before my connecting flight
12. There was announcement from pilot, due to medical condition of one passenger all others must stayed inside airplane until the situation is cleared
13. Came out from airplane with only about an hour before the next flight to Orlando
14. Run to border security with Quick Connect paper from Emirates, reached the counter through priority line but got rejected since the counter was designated only for US Citizen. Watched the argument between border officer with Emirates official who issued the priority paper
15. Finally cleared border security, run through the custom check to exit the International terminal. Good thing I always travel light so no checked-in luggage for 1-2 weeks trip
16. Got boarding pass for the next flight from the transit counter, went to long TSA queue at domestic flight terminal
17. Cleared TSA check 30 minutes before the flight, just to found out it was the wrong Terminal 4! Must exit Terminal 4 and take AirTrain to Terminal 5
18. Finally reached Terminal 5. Thank God TSA officer gave priority since my flight was less than 15 minutes
19. Reached the gate and entered the airplane 5 minutes before the flight!
20. Slept like a baby during the 3 hours flight
21. Welcome to Orlando! Reached the hotel at 6 pm local time or 2 am Dubai time
22. Corporate credit card didn't work. It turned out to be expired last month!
23. Cleared the credit card issue, but couldn't get my room card since the hotel system was down. Managed to get into the room with the escort from hotel security
24. Walked to Conference Center to register as speaker. Finally, after more than 24 hours since I started, I got the speaker pass and the speaker shirt!
Welcome to Cisco Live US 2013!